|Porterhouse Pork Chop|
Makeover at the Meat Case
New Pork Cuts Aim to Simplify Shopping
Does just thinking of selecting product from a meat case bring on a small panic attack? Don’t worry, you aren’t the only one. Extensive research by the National Pork Board and the Beef Checkoff Program showed that consumers are often confused by the different names for similar cuts of meat. And subsequently, they aren’t sure how to cook a variety of cuts.
To make things a bit easier, the National Pork Board simplified the pork cut names and now includes basic usage and preparation information on the package.
New pork names include:
- Porterhouse Pork Chop (Previous name: Loin Chop)
- Ribeye Pork Chop, Bone-In (Previous name: Rib Chop Center)
- Ribeye Pork Chop (Previous name: Rib Chop)
- New York Pork Chop (Previous name: Top Loin Chop)
To learn more and download a pdf of the new cuts, visit: http://www.porkbeinspired.com/pork_PorkCutsGetAMakeoverAtMeatCase.aspx
– See more at: http://findourcohttp://findourcommonground.com