Top Agricultural Bloggers
Here are a list of my top agricultural bloggers. They write about their life, their families and their farms. They are listed in no specific order. And, in fact, I am sure I have missed some that I wished I would have added. And if you see someone that is missing? Just add it to the comment section. So grab a cup of coffee, check these ag bloggers/agvocates, engage with them and enjoy!
1) Sarah Schultz – Nurse Loves Farmer. Nurse, Farm Wife, Boy Mom, Believer, Canadian
2) Amanda Zaluckyj – The Farmers Daughter – She is the proud daughter of conventional farmers in Southwest Michigan. She is also a practicing attorney.
3) Carolyn Olson – Carolyn Cares. Committed to Agriculture while Respecting the Earth. Corn, soybeans, wheat, organic, pigs. Minnesota Farmers
4) Katie Pratt – Rural Route 2 – The Life and Times of an Illinois Farm Girl. Katies is I a farmer’s daughter, a farmers’ wife, a mother, volunteer and gardener.
5) Nicole Small – Tales of a Kansas Farm Wife. Nicole shares her journey through life that includes family, food, and farming.
6) A Minnesota Farmer – The musings of a Minnesota farmer stumbling through this digital age.
7) Jenny Schweigert – The Magic Farm House. Recipes, farmer, mother, photography
8) Brian Scott – The Farmers Life. Brian raises corn, soybeans, popcorn and wheat on an Indiana farm with his dad and grandpa. On his blog you’ll to see a lot of pictures from the daily activities on his farm. But this site goes deeper than just pictures of what we are doing on any given day. He’ll explain just why it is we do certain things and talk about subjects that get him excited about farming.
9) Ryan Goodman – Agriculture Proud. Ryan has a passion for the cattle industry and the community of folks involved in producing our food. Lives in Montana.
10) Janice Person – Janice Person – A Colorful Adventure. Monsanto, Loves Cotton, Her blog is about her passions and she loves celebrating people who rock.
11) Brandie Buzzard – Buzzard’s Beat. Cattle, Native Kansan with a passion for K-State, agriculture, rodeo and free speech.
12) Carrie Mess – Dairy Carrie. She loves agriculture, dairy cows. Her along with her husband are working with his parents on their 100 cow dairy farm in Southern Wisconsin.
13) Katie Pinke – Pinke Posts. Katie shares about family, food, farming and the prairie that she loves. Lives in North Dakota.
14) Lauren Hartzler Arbogast – Paint the Town Ag – Farmer, Not your average farmers wife. In love with Jesus & life. Humor + coffee are non-negotiable.
15) Trent Loos – The Loos Tales . Ag radio show. Trent ventures the country sharing the amazing stories of people who bring good things to the world we live in.
16) Lara Ginsberg – My Other More Exciting Self. Farm raised, Minnesotan, shoe enthusiast, turkey talker, wine lover, mom, pug lover
17) Sam Ebenkamp – Life of a Future Farmer. College student at Purdue. The purpose of this blog is to offer you a window into the world of agriculture through the eyes of one future farmer.
19) Jan Hoadley – Slow Money Farm. Down to earth investing & growing. Small farm using heritage breeds & heirloom varieties.
20) Don Schindler – Senior Vice President at Dairy Management, Inc. Digital Strategy and Executive Social Media Trainer.
21) Kevin Folta – A scientist (from the University of Florida, department head of horticulture) in a scientifically illiterate nation at a time when we need science the most.
22) Kim Bremmer – Ag Inspirations. You will find stories, insights, experiences and perspectives on modern agriculture.
23) Judi Graff – Farm N Wife. A wife that farms in the middle of the mid-west. I love to show farmers and ag businesses how to make a website work for them. From simply telling your farm story to creating new business opportunities, it’s amazing where a website can take you.
24) Megan Brown – The Beef Jar. Welcome to the rants and ramblings of a 6th generation, Northern Californian, commercial, cattle rancher. I also finish Red Wattle hogs in addition to my beef. I am a huge fan of Red Wattles and can spend hours extolling their virtues, if you let me. In addition to that, I cook, garden, can, write, hunt.
25) Taysha Reitzel – Dirt Road Charm. My name is Taysha and I am a midwestern girl trying to make the most out of every minute. I have a full time job in the Ag industry as well as splitting my time with cattle shows, travel, advocating, and family.
26) Sara Hewitt – Faith, Farming and Cowboy Boots. Beekeeper. Ramblings of a young woman on faith, farming and real life in rural Minnesota.
27) Kelly Gray – Then I Thought of Home. We are poultry farmers, we raise broiler chickens. When you go to KFC or buy chicken in the store that would be us. We’re also greenhouse growers
28) Lyndsey Wichester – Agriculture with Dr. Lindsay. I am an University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Educator focusing in livestock, agricultural, food systems, and 4-H; working with both adults and youth.
29) Jenny Rohrich – The Prairie Californian. Cultivating a legacy of family, food and farming on the prairies of North Dakota.
30) Michelle Miller – The Farm Babe. Michelle lives with her boyfriend Doug. She is located in Northeast Iowa, they raise lambs, beef cattle, and grow almost 2,000 acres of row crops like corn, Soybeans, Oats, and Alfalfa.
31) North Carolina Meat Mom – Random thoughts from a North Carolina cattle producing, slaughterhouse owning, Bible believing mom.
32) Jodi McDonnell – Of Kids and Cows. A glimpse in her crazy life full of kids, cows and the occasional adventure.
33) The Peterson Brothers – Known for their viral agricultural parodies. Agvocates from Kansas.
34) Michele Payne – Cause Matters. Connecting Gate to Plate. Community Catalyst, advocate, farm and food connector.
35) Krista Stauffer – The Farmers Wifee. I love to write, take photos and always dreamed of being involved in education. I have always had a desire to travel. I have been able to take all three and turn them into advocacy for the dairy industry. Through photos and words I am able to bring the farm to those interested in the truth about the dairy industry.
36) Joni Kamiya-Rose – The Hawaiin Daughter. Adventures of a farmer’s daughter in Hawaii
37) Julie Kenney – Farm Eats City Streets. Iowa farmer. Julie is a farmer who lives in the suburbs. She is the proud mom of 2 little balls of energy. After 10 years in the corporate world, she traded PowerPoint presentations and business meetings for soccer games and a consulting gig. She writes about some of my favorite things: family, food and our farm.
38) Morgan Kontz – South Dakota Farm Wife. Stories of a first generation farm wife.
39) Kristin Reese – Local Farm Mom. Kristin is your typical mom learning to balance this crazy thing we call life. She is the mom of two ornery little farmers and a self-proclaimed foodie and farmer.
40) Sara Ross – Sara’s House. Farm to table to you. Iowa farmer. She loves to travel, take pictures, share recipes, talk about our farm, DIY, and everything in between.
41) Jennifer Schmidt – The Foodie Farmer. Blogging about how your food goes from field to fork. Registered Dietician. Maryland farmer.
42) Kellie Blair – Home Again Finnegan. Stories of her life on the family farm. Iowa farmer.
43) Ray Bowman – Food and Farm Radio Show. Kentucky.
44) Val Plagge – Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids. Discovering “fields of opportunity” as a farmer, wife, mom and volunteer.
45) Val Wagner – Wag’n Tales. Mommy of 4 loving her farm life.
46) Jennifer Eck Campbell – From My Front Porch. Jen talks about her family and farm in Indiana.
47) Janeal Yancey – Mom at the Meat Counter. Janeal has a Ph.D. in meat science, but she is also just a Mom trying to raise two crazy little girls. She hopes that can help other moms feel more knowlegable about the meat they feed their families.
48) Cristen Slings Clark – Food and Swine. Cristen was born and raised as a 6th generation Iowa farm girl with a passion for baking timeless recipes. She is an avid contest cook and baker but most importantly a stay at home Mom with two children. Her husband works in the swine industry and they raise hogs in modern barns and pigs they show in smaller barns and outdoors. She farms with her parents and sister, where they raise corn, soybeans and beef cattle.
49) LaVell Welp Winsor – Growing for Tomorrow. Growing kids, growing crops, learning and growing for tomorrow. As a farm wife, soccer mom (literally), daughter, sister, aunt, friend, taxi driver, consultant, volunteer, cook and bottle washer – life goes at a fast pace. I’d like to share with you how we live on our family farm.
50) Lexi Marek – Beyond the Barn. An Iowa gal, Lexi is a 6th generation farmer’s daughter in love with laughing and life on the farm.
51) Holly Spangler – My Generation. Holly writes for Farm Progress and is also involved in a podcast, Confessions of a Farm Wife, with other farm women.
52) Joan Ruskamp – Dust in my Coffee. Faith. Family. Farming. These three words sum up the three most important areas of my life. As a Catholic wife, mother, and cattle feeder, I get to wear many different hats each and every day. This blog is a way for me to share some of my little moments with you.
53) Emily Grace Bryant – Beef and Sweet Tea. This is a blog about a 5th generation beef cattle farm in the Southern United States. It’s written by a local Southern woman who married a good looking Midwestern cowboy about as soon as his boots hit the state line to take over his family’s farm.
54) Julie Vogts – In Between the Sunsets of Life. A fourth generation farm family on the prairies of Kansas. Where crops are sown and harvested, a daughter is raised, dinner parties are given, and all while serving the Lord.
55) Jeanette Maple Marritt – Fencerow to Fencerow. Taking out fences to shove more life in.
56) Mary Mackinson Faber – Mackinson Dairy. I am a 5th generation dairy and grain farm kid from Central Illinois. Mackinson Dairy is a real working family dairy farm. We are just one of the farm families working hard to produce food for your family. My goal of this blog is to start a conversation between the people who grow your food and the people who buy it.
57) Dana Dagman – The Green Acres Report. I am a yuppie turned farm wife on the plains of North Dakota. Born and raised in a suburb of Minneapolis, I now find myself farming alongside my husband while raising our three boys, all under the age of six.
58) Jessica Lynn – Cows, Corn and Communications.
59) Rhonda Bode Stoltzfus – Iowa Meets Maui. I’m a Northern California native with a degree in Horticulture from Iowa State University. I am a master bee keeper and Iowa fruit farm owner on permanent sabbatical in Hawaii. I moved to the Aloha State 7 years ago to finally get warm and to support my partner in his passion for biotechnology.
60) Ashley Messing Kennedy – Messy Kennedy. Around here we are all about following your arrow, being unique to yourself and finding your own path in life! Be sure to check everything out and come back often because I am always up to something new.
61) Stephanie Miller – The Life of a Farmer’s Wife. Just a little blog about farm live in Alabama.