Homemade Creamed Turkey
A fast and simple way to make my favorite comfort food–creamed turkey over toast. The recipe is a wonderful way to use leftover turkey. Did you know MInnesota is number one in turkey production? Did you also know that a turkey can last up to a year in the freezer?
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour All purpose
- 1/4 Tsp Sale
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Turkey Cut up turkey. Can be leftover.
- Melt butter in saucepan or frying pan.
- Add salt and flour and let cook for a few minutes on medium heat
- Slowly add milk and stir constantly until the flour/butter mixture is dissolved.
- Add turkey (or chicken or other meat) into mixture until warm.
- Serve over toast or biscuits.
I love serving this recipe after I make a turkey or chicken and have leftovers. It is the ultimate comfort food.