Happy New Years! And am I excited for 2014! But before I start a new clean slate for the year, I thought it would be fun to reflect on my most popular posts for 2013, counting down from #10 to #1. Enjoy the recap!
10. “When it Just Doesn’t Make Sense“ – A post about child loss in the wake of the Newtown massacre. Many families have lost children, including my own family. A reflection on child loss.
9. “Harvest13” – My only video blog post to make my top 10 list. I take you inside the combine I use during the fall harvest season. Celebrating Women in Ag.
8. “So God Made a Farmer – What it Really Means?“ – During the Superbowl many people were taken aback when a Paul Harvey voiceover commercial with poetically read “So God Made a Farmer”. Ram trucks celebrating ag and farmers.
7. “Undercver Videos” on a “Factory Farm” – So what does a factory farm really look like? Sorry, I didn’t take hours and hours of video footage to find a few minutes of highly edited video. Don’t be surprised if you find it a little boring because sometimes it is.
6. “What the Food Industry Wants You to Know Dr. Oz” – A rebuttal on some untruths on a show Dr. Oz did on GMO’s.
5. “We Want to Talk – A Message to Food Retail Companies” – When companies make major decisions in regards to their supply chain, it is important to get both sides of the story. Just sayin’. It’s a good business practice to talk to farmers when your business is selling food.
4. “Are Today’s Farmers Good Land Stewards?” – The media has a tendency to present a one-sided view on this question. Find out what farmers really do to protect the environment.
3. “Top 5 Myths About GMO Foods – A Mom’s Perspective” – The title is self-explanatory.
2. “Standing Up to Panera Bread – Farmers are Not Lazy!” – A recap on Panera Bread’s EZChicken marketing campaign.
Drum roll . . . . . . And my most popular post for 2013 was a very recent blog post I wrote about the Rolling Stone article – “Animal Cruelty is the Price we Pay for Cheap Meat.”
1. “Animal Cruelty is NOT the Price we Pay for Cheap Meat” – A rebuttal on the RollingStone article.
Thanks to all who have read and shared my posts. More to come in 2014!