Day 1 – Random Act of Christmas Kindness

Download PDF
random act

Random Act of Christmas Kindness

Inspired by the 30 days of thanks during the month of November, I am attempting 24 days of “Random Acts of Christmas Kindness” during the month of December.

No, I have never done this before, but I love this idea. I will be posting each random act. Admitting that I have feelings of reluctance of posting because I don’t want it to look like I am bragging, but rather, the purpose of posting my “random acts of Christmas kinds” is to inspire others to do so also or just for people to just enjoy it. A little bit of kindness can go a long way. Don’t you agree? Reminds me of the song by Glen Campbell, Try a Little Kindness.

I have to admit, I am excited about the next 24 days. Pretty sure I will be getting more out of this than what I will be giving. So here goes Day 1:

Day 1 – Random Act of Christmas Kindness

I started off my 24 days of Random Acts of Christmas Kindness by joining my local church Christmas caroling event this afternoon. We visited a local church member’s home and then proceeded to visit 4 nursing homes and/or assisted living. It was very neat to see the residents join in with the singing. Appreciation and joy was shown all over their faces.

Christmas Caroling

Christmas Caroling

Our church is a small country church and Christmas caroling is an annual tradition. There were about 25 of us, all ages. After caroling, we all went back to the church and enjoyed soup and sandwich.

For my curiosity sake, has anyone done a “Random Act of Christmas Kindness”. If so, what did you do and was it successful. Would love to hear some feedback!

Christmas Caroling

Christmas Caroling – Random Act of Christmas Kindness

8 Comments on Day 1 – Random Act of Christmas Kindness

1. avatar
    Anonymous says:
    December 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others!

Anonymous says:
      December 2, 2013

Thank you! Pretty excited about this!

2. avatar
    Debra @ Frugal Little Bungalow says:
    December 2, 2013

Not Christmas but just random ….a story for you. My son and his GF and their 5 kids between them were at a Cracker Barrel a month or so ago and a total stranger picked up the check, anonymously. So THEY gave the check amt. to the waitress as a tip, and then the next month when he was out, my son did the pick up the check thing for someone on Veterans Day. Well, he’d posted about this on FB and there was alot of wonderful feedback. A waitress said this was more common than people knew, in family restaurants. Someone said that they had just done this in a donut place a few days ago, etc. It was inspiring! 🙂

Anonymous says:
      December 2, 2013

I would believe this but I have never observed it. I think this is great! This is what makes America, America. No other country is as generous as we are.

3. avatar
    December 2, 2013

Wanda, I love your idea, and I will look forward to reading about more of your Random Acts of Kindness. it’s so important to keep the focus on love and kindness, not just this time of year, but always. Thank you!

Visiting from the Grand Social. 🙂

Love, Joy

Anonymous says:
      December 2, 2013

I agree that we need to do this year long. But maybe starting it now and having it always on one’s mind will make it a priority for me to do the rest of year. Sometimes I just forget about doing such things.

4. avatar
    carolcovin says:
    December 2, 2013

I remember how much my in-laws lit up when their local church choir carolled on their front porch. What a delightful tradition. My grandson just surprised me when he was visiting for Thanksgiving by leaving a message on a Word document I had open on my computer. At the top, he had typed in “Dear Grandma, Happy Thanksgiving. Your Beloved Grandson.” I found it this morning after grandchildren had returned home!

Anonymous says:
      December 2, 2013

Very cute and how precious!