Pork Sausage and Rice Casserole
1 1/2 lbs. ground pork sausage (*NOT breakfast sausage)
2-3 stalks celery, sliced
1 large or 2 small onions, diced
8 oz. package fresh mushrooms, sliced (can substitute canned)
1 cup brown rice, uncooked (can use white)
1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
1 – 10 oz. can condensed cream of celery soup
1 – 10 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 – 14 oz. can of chicken broth
4 cups water
1 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
1) Brown sausage. Add celery, onion and mushrooms and cook 5 min. more.
2) While sausage is cooking, combine soups, broth, water and tamari sauce in a bowl.
3) Put sausage and veggie mix in a casserole dish or crock pot.
4) Add rice, liquids, and stir all together.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or in a crock pot on high for 4-6 hours.
6) Check liquid throughout cooking. If it all get absorbed before the rice is done, add more water.
Good served with a lettuce salad and Italian dressing, and a hearty wheat bread, buttered.