Best Chicken Wild Rice Soup
My family LOVES chicken wild rice soup. When we visit northern Minnesota, it is a must-order item. This recipe is as good as any we have ordered from a restaurant. Easy to make and tastes delicious!
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 cup Sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped celery (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3/4 Cup Wild Rice
- 16 ounces Baked chicken cut into pieces. Can add more chicken if preferred
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Soften Butter
- 2 Cups Half-and-Half
- Cook carrots, onion and celery in hot butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and wild rice. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken, simmer for another 25 minutes.
- In a frying pan, melt (2 Tbsp) and add flour and cook for a few minutes. Add half-and-half and mix well.
- Add mixture to wild rice and chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is based on the Better Homes and Garden recipe. I have adapted it to meet my expectations. I add more chicken because I love plenty of chicken in my soup.
Leave a Reply